Trailer Music - "Gimme Shelter" First Live Performance

For our final assessment, the class split up into groups of four or into pairs and we were given the task of composing our own music to go over any film trailer of our choice - we could either perform live, or create the soundtrack on Mixcraft and put it on top of the video. My group (Marissa, Seema, Almira and me) decided to perform live with the trailer playing on the screen.

For our very first live performance on it, the one we did to get feedback and improve before the final, we actually started off quite well - everything went according to plan, and I played the ostinato with the right timing. However, when it started reaching the middle, the whole group started to lose timing a little and I accidentally played the wrong note at one point. For our final, we need to improve by:

  • Practicing enough times that we get the timing correct - all drum beats, all shakes of the shaker should be on the right time
  • Our singer could probably practice so that her breathing technique is proper, and so that she has enough air to sustain a note, as she kind of wavers off in some places
  • I need to remember my parts properly so that I don't play the wrong note at times, and I need to play the ostinato (G, Eb, C, D) for the correct amount of beats so that even if the rest of the group is slightly out of time, they can adjust to this and play correctly again

No comments:

Post a Comment